April 4, 2015

Most expensive pair of shoes.

I wanted to do a post about expensive shoes, as i was googling information here and there, I came across something that made me go in a completely different direction. As I type in "most expensive shoes", I notice a few pictures that are somehow familiar to me!

It was Dorothy Gale's famous ruby slippers. I am sure you have all watched the 1939 movie The Wizard of Oz. Its a movie that for generations has been adored by kids (and still is).  
Now before I tell you why those ruby slippers popped up under "most expensive shoes" let me tell you a little bit about the movie. It has been said that its america's greatest and best loved grown fairy tale. The movie has an enormous cultural impact; it has inspired many artists, from painters, to song writers, and even fashion designers. 
Regarding the ruby slippers; they are considered one of the most treasured and valuable film memorabilia in movie history.






There are exactly 4 pairs crafted for filming this production, one is currently displayed at The Smithsonian National Museum of American History. Another pair are owned by hollywood mega-star Leonardo DiCaprio, displayed at the Academy Museum. The 3rd pair was auctioned, and sold for a little over 3 million dollars (hence why it's said to be the most expensive pair of shoes). And last but not least, the 4th pair is no where to be found. I am thinking to set myself on a mission and go looking for these so called most expensive pair. Who's up to join me? 


No comments:

Post a Comment